Saturday, June 2, 2012

It's been a while!   And honestly nothing too drastic has changed since I last posted so...here I am!
I just got home from a BBQ with friends from our small group.  As I was sitting, drinking a lovely glass of wine and watching all the kids play I realized how great my life is, even if it is nothing what I thought I would be.
To back track a little, there's something not too many people know about me.  I do not take change well at all.  Especially when it come to my relationships with people around me.  I have a really hard time when things don't go the way I thought they always would.  For example, my amazing friends from college.  I can honestly say that I had some of the greatest times with these people.  We did almost everything together.  So naturally I thought we would always be the greatest of friends, all live in the same city, have kids at the same time, and do life together forever.  Not the case at all.  Even with my own family, I never thought I would have a brother live on the other side of the world, and not know if we'll ever be on the same continent again! :(. Not easy for me at all.
So back to tonight.  I just sat back and enjoyed my evening with these new lovely people and thought of all the other lovely people I once shared a glass of wine with, and I just felt so blessed.  I didn't worry or over think about all the things I usually would in this kind of setting but just relaxed and just let it be what it was  A beautiful evening. Then I heard crying.......:)

No comments:

Post a Comment